Tomorrow my training group and I will leave the small compound we've been living in in Maseru. We will be divided into groups, with each person living with a different host family in a traditional rondavel. This is where I will stay for the remainder of training.
I've heard the village I will be living in is beautiful, though, I think it would be difficult to find a place in this country that isn't. I'm also looking forward to living without electricity and running water. 'M'e has already given us a lesson on how to take a bucket bath and I've bought a large pack of candles for the incredibly dark nights. It gets dark very early here and when the sun goes down, it is very cold. People keep reminding me that July is the coldest month here, but I think I'm still in denial. Despite the cold mornings and nights, the sun here is very intense and when it is clear, the days have gotten very warm.
I'm very excited to be out of the city, but this also means I'll have even less access to the internet...but please keep writing me!
In the future I plan to write these posts in advance so I am not pressured by the clock, but for right now, please bear with me as I give you little glimpses into life here. Please also check out the blogs I've linked on the right hand side. I am here with a talented group of people who run very informative blogs. I think some even have pictures. I'll try to post pictures sometime in the future...but it may take awhile.
**Thank you to everyone who left comments on my previous entry. I'm so thankful for your words of encouragement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment